Stay Healthy - Preventing Injury
Stay Healthy – Preventing Injury
No one likes to be injured. If you want to stay healthy – preventing injury is a proactive process. You should take precautions ahead of time and practice safety before an event occurs. Sometimes injuries are out of your control. In any case, planning ahead is going to be one of your biggest assets.
There are a few things you can do to set the stage for a good, better and best outcome. Here is a list of five things you can do to prevent injury.
Five tips to preventing injury:
- Stretch – this may seem like a no brainer but, not many people don’t do it. It’s one of the easiest things to do and it’s one of the easiest things to skip. Take at least five minutes to stretch your muscles before physical activity.
- Warm-up – this might also seem very simple and logical. Just do it! If you take five minutes to warm-up your muscles, you may save yourself five months or even five years of discomfort.
- Reduce inflammation – using ice after an injury is one of the most common treatments. However, using cryo-therapy on a regular basis is an excellent way to keep inflammation low. Ice reduces inflammation. Inflammation is usually one of the beginning signs that injury could be imminent. When you’re proactive and get ahead of an issue, you have no idea how much pain and suffering you might be saving yourself.
- Visualize – visualization can mean many different things to people. To be clear, simply plan ahead for what you’re going to do. You don’t need to be perfect but, planning or visualizing something before you physically do it is a game changer. You probably already do this without realizing it. Take the time to think things through and experience how much better your performance can be.
- Fuel your cells – fueling your cells is practicing good nutrition and hydration. It’s a simple idea yet it can be difficult to do. Many think eating healthy has to be boring and taste awful. There are so many ways to make your food and beverages taste better. Visit here to get some good ideas right now. There are so many good resources for healthy eating that taste good. You just need to know where to look and who to listen to.
Here is a simple checklist of things you can do to get ahead of the crowd. The top performers in any field look ahead to see how they can best take advantage of a situation. When you take the time to plan, it might not be perfect but, you will most definitely get ahead. Take the time to reflect and learn what works for you. The next time you plan, you will be much further ahead of where you were. Try it today! Fe sharpens iron!