Stay Healthy - Mindset
Stay Healthy – Preventing Injury
Health is a mindset. If you aren’t in a good mental space, it’s very difficult to keep healthy in general. Something as common as fear can take a huge toll on your health over time. When you want to make any kind of physical transformation, it will begin in your mind first.
Feeling the different emotions of fear, anxiety and depression are more common than most people think. In the heat of the moment, you might feel like you are the only one. Maybe you’re not sure who to turn to or how to express what you’re feeling. Past experiences have proven that keeping emotions hidden isn’t supportive long term.
In fact, it can cause more harm than damage. Negative feelings and emotions are like bad fuel in a sports car. The car won’t perform its best and neither will you. Instead of getting strangled in the struggle, here are five things you can do to enrich your mindset and ease the tension you might be experiencing.
Five ways to improve your mindset:
- Acknowledge any negative feelings – it’s important to know that you’re allowed to feel whatever you need to feel. This isn’t an invitation to get soppy or messy but, you can’t stop your feelings. You can learn how to control them. If your feelings are messy, do what you need to express them and then move on.
- Don’t live in the past – one of the biggest reasons you may not have the experience you want is because you’ve had a negative experience in the past. Research has shown that 90 percent of your brain power is unconscious. Meaning you aren’t even sure why you do what you do in the moment. You are essentially wired to respond based on previous experiences.
- Practice being more present – now that you know you’ve been pre-programmed per say, it’s time to practice being more present in the moment. It takes work to consciously change a habit. Give yourself some grace and work on getting better at whatever you need to improve on.
- Surround yourself with the right people – you will not be any better than the five people you surround yourself with. Not to offend any family or friends but, you need to be aware of this. You can choose who you spend your time with, so choose carefully.
- Study the right information – this piggy backs off surrounding yourself with the right people. Information that goes in your mind will come back out. Read a good book, study a good program, watch a motivational video, listen to a good speech, take a good class, just do something that is positive. A step in the right direction leads to a journey down the right path.
In general, you want to keep it simple. You don’t need a complicated system to improve your mindset. Your mindset might be in awesome shape to begin with! The best performers, coaches, team players and people all work to improve their attitude and mindset. It’s a lifelong process. Give this a try and see for yourself how things can improve. Fe sharpens iron!