Stay Healthy - Digestion
Stay Healthy – Digestion
Digestion is key for long term health and wellness. Talk to anyone who has digestion issues, and they are usually miserable. It can be related stress, something you ate or just how your body reacts with certain types of foods. The point of this article is to give you a few ideas on how to improve your digestion whether you have an issue or not. This will be beneficial for you no matter what!
Five things you can do right now to improve your digestion:
- Avoid processed foods whenever possible – processed foods can be satisfying and convenient but, they can also lead to digestive issue. Things like hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners and fillers can wreak havoc on your body over time. It’s not an immediate issue for most people but, it can amount to a big problem in the future.
- Supplement with probiotics – probiotics are the healthy bacteria that support your body in properly digesting food. Foods like yogurt, kefir and fermented foods like sauerkraut have active probiotics that are beneficial. You should definitely supplement with probiotics any time you are ill and have to take an antibiotic.
- Consume more leafy greens and vegetables – greens are full of minerals, nutrients and enzymes that are important for overall health. Your digestion can suffer greatly if you lack the proper nutrition your body needs. If you continuously fill up on unhealthy foods, your body will begin to suffer. Most people don’t realize that your immune system relies heavily on your gut health.
- Digestive enzymes – if you need some extra help digesting your food, you can try to supplement with digestive enzymes. Digestive enzymes help your body break down excess fats, carbs and proteins. They are easily bought over the counter and come in a variety of potencies depending on what your body needs.
- Apple cider vinegar – if you tend to do some overeating every now and then, taking a shot of apple cider vinegar might support you. It can be kind of harsh on its own. Just mix one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a small shot of water. That should do the trick!
There are a multitude of things you can do to support your digestion. If you only picked one of these ideas and tried it for a week, you might notice a big improvement. Give it try now! Fe sharpens iron!