Build Muscle - No Equipment
Build Muscle – No Equipment
You don’t need to frequent a gym to build quality muscle but, you do need to perform some type of regular resistance training. If you follow a good nutrition plan as well, you have the potential to get in very good shape.
To build muscle with no equipment, you need to follow a good body weight exercise plan. You’ll want to be consistent and make sure you eat a balanced diet. Your nutrition doesn’t need to be perfect but, it would be wise to make smart choices and drink plenty of water. For a few tasty meal plan ideas, visit here.
Here are a few ideas for you to start working out at home. Remember to warm-up and start slow to prevent any type of injury. As you get stronger, you can do more and increase the intensity.
Five exercises to try with no equipment:
- Push-ups – 3 sets x 1-15 reps. These are one of the easiest exercises to perform at home. You can reposition your hands in several different positions to target your muscles differently. It’s also a great way to increase the intensity as you develop more strength and skill.
- Sit-ups – 3 sets x 15-20 reps. These are easy to do and a great way to build core strength. As you get stronger, you can increase reps and even hold a weight on your chest to make each rep more intense.
- Hip thrusters – 3 sets x 10-12 reps. This is an excellent hamstring and booty builder. You can thrust off of the floor, steps, a chair or anything you can find around the house that is stable.
- Single leg deadlifts – 3 sets x 10-12 reps. Simply balance on one leg at a time while slightly lifting your opposite leg off the ground an inch or so. Bend at the waist to touch your toes while allowing your non-weight bearing leg to sway back behind you. Once you touch your toes (or come close) return to the starting position and repeat.
- Superman’s – 3 sets x 15 seconds. Lay face down on the floor with your arms in front of you like you’re flying. Lift both your arms and legs off the ground so your weight is centered and support by your waist. Hold for 15 seconds, then relax for 15 seconds. Repeat for 3 sets.
Try this routine and see how it feels. You can make adjustments to the reps, sets or exercises. It’s just important you start to do what you can and build from there. No equipment workouts can be very fun and challenging. It’s interesting to see just how resourceful you can become.
For more information and workout examples, check out train like a pro. Fe sharpens iron!